CIBSE Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Modules available to everyone for free.
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. It refers to the process of tracking and documenting the skills, knowledge and experience that you gain both formally and informally as you work, beyond any initial training. It’s a record of what you experience, learn and then apply. It is about learning and putting into practice new competences year after year, and investing in your future.
If you a member of a professional engineering institution such as CIBSE, you will already know that you are required to maintain your professional competence and will have received clear guidance and support for professional development, enabling you to develop in your career.
CPD modules can be a great learning opportunity for everyone, whether they are professional registered and required to record them or not. These are often free and available to everyone.
A tweet from CIBSE Journal on World Refrigeration Day served as a reminder of just what a great resource their CPD modules are. The modules are searchable by subject. Here are examples:
- Module 152: Moving UK air conditioning beyond the first decade of the Ecodesign Directive
- Module 146: Ensuring safe, environmentally sensitive refrigerants for building services applications
- Module 143: Variable air volume (VAV) air conditioning matures, adapts and flourishes
- Module 135: Direct evaporative cooling for comfort applications
- Module 128: Improving the performance of vapour compression air-cooled chillers
- Module 151: Smart city heating and cooling
- Module 163: Rolling-piston rotary refrigerant compressors for air conditioning applications
There are a great many to search through and can be studied whether you are a CIBSE member or not. One will need to register to access them though, but this is quick an easy, so do check them out and continue your development and learning today!