Women in Coolings:
Jerry Weiss is the Chairman of the ESCO Group of companies. Through his vision and leadership, he helped create several organizations that serve to improve education in the HVACR industry. Some of these organizations include the AC&R Safety Coalition, Carbon Monoxide Safety Association, Data Registry Services, ESCO Institute, Green Mechanical Council, and HVAC Excellence.
Some of the accomplishments of his organizations include:
• Developing the industry’s largest, most recognized EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Certification Program. Over one-million individuals possess a refrigerant license bearing his signature.
• Creation of a competency and task list, providing instructors with the basic skills and knowledge most programs need to cover.
• Establishing the HVACR Education Resource Network, to connect HVACR instructors and school leaders with the resources necessary to build a world-class program.
• Developing standards for HVACR educational programs, allowing them to validate they posses the resources, and administrative support required for entry-level positions through programmatic accreditation.
• Publishing hundreds of titles, print and digital, to help further the industry’s knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration.
• Launching the HVACR Learning Network, a forum where industry leading organizations offer digital content, from a singular source.
• Creating nearly one-hundred industry certifications, both written and hands on, to validate one’s knowledge at each stage of their HVACR career.
• Building the National HVACR Education Conference, allowing industry educators and trainers to learn about new and emerging technologies, get answers from, and become inspired by industry leaders, exchange ideas with industry peers, while gaining a better understanding of the future of the HVACR industry.
• Constructing a national energy auditing curriculum, consisting of 800-hours of instruction.
Through his leadership, Jerry has and continues to help advance our industry.