Women in Coolings:
A senior level HVAC engineer with 6 years of experience in the oil & gas industry, 7 years in rail. Experience lies within the following areas:
• Rail HVAC design reviews to BS EN 14750-1:2006 (suburban rolling stock), EN 14813-2:2006 (driving cabs), BS EN 13129:2016 (mainline rolling stock).
• Producing key documentation such as, handover forms, SDRLs, inspection & test plans, D&IDs, P&IDs with 2D Autocad, data sheets, document transmittals, design calculations, cause & effect diagrams, bill of materials, operating manuals, hazardous certification dossiers, packing lists, manufacturer’s data records, spare parts lists.
• Project engineering of jobs valued between £50k – £300k unsupervised from start to finish including full turnkey projects.
• Estimating & producing sales quotations for HVAC units & spare parts to key clients.
• Sizing of refrigeration equipment and components such as; compressors, evaporator/condenser coils, liquid receivers, solenoid, pressure relief & TEV valves, condenser fans & motors and pipe sizing.
• Requirements Management (Rail) using DOORS
• Having direct communication with clients (both UK & overseas) and understanding their specifications.
• Creating and adhering to project schedules with Microsoft Project and using them to exercise work in progress to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
• Building key vendor relationships and purchasing to budgets while coordinating to project delivery dates.
• Allocating technicians/labour to projects on site and continuously providing communication and technical support where required.
• Quality inspection of goods in (specification, quality & dimensional checks)
• Raising non-conformance reports (internal & external).
• Recording data on performance tests etc.
• Document control using PDM software & QDMS software.
• Reporting possible commercial risks/cost saving opportunities to managers for better project control.
• Creating self certifying ATEX 3G documentation and applying for ATEX 2G certification.
• Communicating with the financial controller to advise when invoicing of key milestones of projects can take place. This is with respect to both raising and paying of invoices.